LEIMAY Artistic collaborators Ximena Garnica and Shige Moriya seek female and male dancers, actors, and/or highly physically and vocal trained performers to join their team for LEIMAY’s 2016-17 performance season. Individuals should be interested in exploring vocal work as well as physical performance. Committed individuals will take part in the creation of future work and educational programs. Individuals who are willing to challenge themselves, are open to creating a unique idiosyncratic instinct-rooted yet highly prolific movement and voice, to explore their physical virtuosity and mental adaptability, and are interested in contributing to the development of interdisciplinary performance are encouraged to audition.
Those interested must…
- be willing to explore and utilize the voice as part of the body
- possess strong and versatile physical capabilities and improvisational skills
- feel comfortable contributing material towards LEIMAY creations
- Have an interest in attending the workshops of LEIMAY guest teachers (teacher practices include butoh akin to Hijikata’s lineage, experimental vocal and theater performance, theater arts akin to the Grotowski tradition)
- be comfortable performing nude
Reservation Is Required
Audition will take the form of a two-day (10 hour) group work sessions on May 7 & 8, 2016 from 9:30am-2:30pm at our studio located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn (58 Grand Street). The first call-back will take place the afternoon/evening of May 8 as a 15-20 minute individual interview with the Artistic Directors. The second call-back will be in the form of a group 4-day work session on May 11,13,16 (10am to 2pm),18 (11am to 3pm). You must be available for all call back dates.
Please see the LEIMAY website for full audition details: