My name is Nicole Feldhaus, and I am a private/personal chef instructor specializing in farm-table cooking technique.
I’ve been cooking as long as I can remember, thanks to the importance of home cooked meals in my family growing up. I have been cooking professionally since graduating from the Institute of Culinary Education in Manhattan and have never looked back. I truly love what I do - I am working and living passion while touching the lives of others.
I spent years training and time cooking professionally in some really amazing, slow food approved restaurants in Manhattan & Brooklyn. (Marlow & Sons/Diner and Flatbush Farm - both in Brooklyn). It was there where I truly developed and honed my passion & respect for simple, clean fresh to table cooking. I was able to learn & experience first hand from other chefs who also truly respected food & cooked with sincerity, creativity, knowledge and passion.
My personal & group classes are designed to help you learn to cook with confidence by building a foundation of skills based on your needs, desires, goals & tastes. I teach intuitive cooking skills - trusting yourself and confidently taking creative ownership of the meals you prepare.
- we learn to use local, seasonal ingredients
- we educate each other on the history, uses and bioenergetic make-up of each ingredient.
- It's an all sensory experience...we cook in the now to connect to the food we are preparing, through knowledge & understanding of how we, as the cook, are connected and equally as important as the food we are preparing.
As owner & chef instructor, our intuitive and conscious cooking classes help to make you a more informed, well rounded, natural and confident cook.
I also offer a self created program called, Cook Therapy...
Cooking classes & programs designed for healing.
What is Cook Therapy? I have married my background as an intuitive healer & Reiki practitioner with my professional experience as a chef.
Together, these two modalities blend allowing you to establish a true connection between you, food, nature, and me, your instructor - as one. Cook Therapy has been very successful in many client's lives and mine as well.
- to build confidence & applicable knowledge through a loving relationship with the art of cooking.
- to provide an energetic outlet and form of creative expression in the kitchen.
- learning to become more present in the moment - using all senses to guide the cooking experience. you learn to trust your skills, because you have the knowledge, you respect and understand the ingredients, and can begin to use your intuitive abilities in the kitchen to create art, rhythm & magic.
As your practitioner and chef instructor, I use cooking as the vehicle to teach and instill knowledge about food, connection to self, releasing attachments and old behaviors that no longer serve; shifting perspectives, etc. As you become an active and conscious player in the dynamic transformation process called cooking, you too will experience a transformation and a shift in views and approaches to food and cooking.
Similar to dance, music or art; cooking is a great way to connect to everything you are taking in at any given moment using all of your senses. To cook “in the moment” and thus, become connected to the process; creatively invested so that you are not just reading a recipe; gives you a purpose to be there behind that stove or holding that knife. You are engaged, aware of and knowledgeable about why you are using certain foods - what they taste, feel, smell, sound like.
My Cooking Therapy programs and classes are designed to meet individual needs and situations. For many who seek healing, more balance and harmony with themselves, life & relationships, a connection & a way to ground in the now, or an outlet for creative energy and a way to become more confident and informed in the kitchen and out.
Thank you for joining CAVE Nexus and Welcome!
To make most out of the this online tool we encourage you to:
- Add a profile and upload your images, videos and music.
- Post and find events and resources
- Contact members directly and engage in dialogue
- Stay in touch with CAVE's artistic community in real time
- Join or create a group
- Post to your facebook directly from CAVENexus
- Take advantage of the discounts and offers made to CAVE Nexus members.
If you have feed back for us and/or ideas in how to make CAVE Nexus a
better tool for you please let us know.
WELCOME TO MY KARMA KITCHEN!
Cooking is art and you are a vital player in creating and directing that creative process - working hand in hand with the food you choose to cook. It’s fun, energizing, interactive; therapeutic, nourishing, healing. Food, a constant in all our lives - is a powerful way to connect with nature; to bring people, families & communities together.
Check out the Cook Therapy for Rehabilitation and healing. http://www.mykarmakitchen.com/www.mykarmakitchen.com/Cook_Therapy.html
Contact for more info:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chef, Nicole Feldhaus